maybe a "challenge" is putting it mildly. for october (gasp! i know i am a bit behind with this one), Becky asked each of us BLISS do.Good members to make two blocks using Lily's Quilts LynneBobSquarepants block tutorial. i took one look at the block and thought, "eh, i can totally handle this." that's where i went wrong. this silly little block brought me more sewing challenge/frustration than i even want to admit. first there were HSTs, then there was trimming, and then piecing the block. not to mention, matching up all of those seams. uff-dah! it took WAY more time than i anticipated but in the end it was totally worth it (i think!) because these blocks sure are pretty awesome and i can't wait to see the finished quilt!
thanks, becky, for pushing me out of my comfort zone. even if it was only for two bee blocks. :)